Crochet peach pattern




I wanted to make peach coasters with mint leaves to memorialize a certain procedure happening in Washington DC.  I couldn't find a flat peach pattern, so I started with an apple and worked on altering it to look more like a peach and less like a red delicious shape!  After four or five versions I got one I was happy with, but I realized I had totally re-written the pattern.  So here is my peach to crochet.  For the leaf there are many patterns, I used Veined Leaf pattern and skipped the stem.

Peach

Worsted weight yarn (I used Lily Sugar n'Cream cotton)
Size H hook

Abbreviations used:  
ch = chain
sl = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
All US terminology.  


Start with magic circle, or chain 3 and join with slip stitch

Work round one in circle. Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc 11 in circle for a total of 12 stitches.  Join with slip stitch at top of chain 3.
Round two, ch 3, dc in first dc, dc 2 in each dc for a total of 24 stitches.  Sl to join.
Round three, ch 1, sc in top of next dc
hdc in next dc
2 hdc in each of next four dc
hdc in next two dc
2 hdc in next two dc
hdc, sl in next dc
sc, hdc in next dc
hdc, dc in next dc
2 dc in next two dc
dc in next three dc
2 dc in next two dc
3 dc in next dc
dc, hdc in next dc
sc, sl 
attach leaf, weave in ends.

I'd love to hear if you make this!



Comments

Popular Posts